Monday 3 October 2011

Autumn has arrived, and with it - APPLE PIES!!



Fall has arrived! The air is crisp, the leaves on the trees are all sorts of glorious reds, yellows and oranges, and the scents of fireplaces and pumpkin spices are everywhere you turn. The excitement of Halloween is in the air, and tingles of anticipation as Christmas approaches. I heart fall. It's my favorite season.


You know what else comes with autumn? For me, at least? The cravings for apple cider, apple pie, apple crisp .. Pumpkin spice muffins, spice cake, spiced coffees ...


You know. All the healthy stuff. (Well, I guess apples are great for you .. until you slice them up, toss them in loads of butter and brown sugar, shove them into dough and turn them into a pie ..)


I've got to admit, even though I've been doing really well so far in keeping with my diet, I've been coming across a few (okay, TONS OF) temptations. Autumn is a really challenging time of year for me. Come on, it's the warm-up to Christmas eating!!

I mean seriously - how AMAZING does this look?!

I'm trying the "everything in moderation" technique, which seems to be keeping me in check. I'm trying to battle the over-indulger in me, and it's been tough. One of my worst habits of yore has been to not just have one piece of pie .. or turnover .. or cookie .. I would need to finish the whole thing, or eat until I'm bursting out of my stretchy eating pants. (I know I'm not the only one with this problem .. right? ... anybody?!)

So far, so good. But I've got my boxing gloves ready for when the temptation monster comes to play .. And I know it will! (It's called Tim Hortons' pumpkin-spiced muffins commercials!!!)

Happy Fall everyone! Get out there and enjoy the crunchy leaves at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment